Thursday, Jan. 6
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
Saturday, Jan. 8
• The Mountain Vista Fire District will dedicate its new fire station. Details: 10:30 a.m.; 9310 N. Shannon. Open to the public.
• TMM Family Services offers a class on Resolving Credit and Debt Issues. Details: 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; 1550 N. Country Club Road, Building 8; free; 322-9557.
• The Arizona Mystery Writers meet with guest speakers author William Kalt and past-presiding chair Mary Ann Hutchison. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Home Town Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $17.50; 624-0792.
• Wells Fargo Home Mortgage offers a Home Buyer Workshop. Details: 11 a.m.; 6831 N. Oracle Rd.; free; 304-1229.
Saturday & Tuesday, Jan. 8 & 11
• SCORE Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon Saturday; 3-5 p.m. Tuesday; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Monday, Jan. 10
• The Women Impacting Tucson monthly luncheon features corporate health and wellness director for the YMCA of Southern Arizona Annemarie Medina speaking on Worksite Wellness: Improve Your Top and Bottom Line. Details: 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $25, $20 in advance; email@example.com.
• The Saguaro Toastmasters meet. Details: 6:30-8 p.m.; Ward 6 Council Office, 3203 E. 1st St.; free; 777-7099.
Tuesday, Jan. 11
• The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Luncheon features guest speaker Gary Dixon of The Foundation for a Better Life. Details: 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $45, $40 members; $30, $25 members in advance; www.nawbotucson.org.
• The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) holds a training and development seminar on Better Business Accounting Methods - Tax Insight & Planning Panel Presentation & Discussion. Details: 1:45-3:15 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $21, $18 members; $18, $15 members in advance; www.nawbotucson.org.
• Tucson and Southern Arizona Black Chamber of Commerce holds an overview of basic estate-planning strategies presented by attorney Ronald Zack. Details: 5:30 p.m.; 1443 E. Broadway Blvd.; www.tucsonestateplanning.com.
Wednesday, Jan. 12
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.
Thursday, Jan. 13
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a Networking Mixer and Ribbon Cutting at Innovative Signs. Details: 5:45-8 p.m.; 4257 W. Ina Rd., Ste. 111; 682-4314.