Thursday, Feb. 4
• AARP will offer volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance serving low and middle-income taxpayers especially to those ages 60 and older. Details: 1-4 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 229-5300.
• The Gateway Business Alliance of Tucson and Pima Community College will hold a workshop on small business fraud indicators. Details: 6-8 p.m.; College Place, 1601 N. Oracle Road; free; 509-3917.
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley will meet. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Road.
Friday, Feb. 5
• The Volunteer Center of Southern Arizona will hold a workshop on basic responsibilities of nonprofit boards. Details: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.; 924 N. Alvernon Way; $50; 881-3300.
• The Volunteer Center of Southern Arizona will hold a workshop on grant writing. Details: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.; 924 N. Alvernon Way; $60; 881-3300.
• Tucson Foothills Rotary Club will meet at the Metropolitan Grill. Details: 12 noon; 7892 N. Oracle Road.
Tuesday, Feb. 9
• The Arizona Small Business Association will hold a new member orientation. Details: 8-9:30 a.m.; 4811 E. Grant Rd., Suite 262; free; 327-0222.
• The National Association of Women Business Owners will hold its monthly luncheon with guest speaker Beth Walkup, first lady of Tucson, on "Creating A New World." Details: 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $45, $40 members; www.nawbotucson.org.
• The National Association of Women Business Owners holds a training and development seminar, "Face to Face with Facebook." Details: 2-3:30 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $24, $21 members; www.nawbotucson.org.
• BNI, world's largest business networking organization, will hold a networking meeting. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Windmill Inn Suites, Campbell & River; $5; 531-8322.
• The Arizona Small Business Association will hold Fast & Curious Speed Networking™ northwest. Details: 3-4:30 p.m.; Volvo, 831 W. Wetmore Road; free; 327-0222.
Wednesday, Feb. 10
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold a business builder workshop entitled "How to Close More Sales." Details: 8-10 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; $30, $25 members; $25, $20 members in advance; 297-2191.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold the 2009 Community & Business Builder of the Year Award ceremony with master of ceremonies Chuck George at Tower Theaters. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; 5755 W. Arizona Pavilions Drive; $20; 682-4314.
• Score Business Counseling will offer one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 229-5300.