Thursday, Jan. 12
• The Rotary Club of Dove Mountain meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Heritage Highlands Club House; 4949 W. Heritage Club Blvd.; email@example.com.
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a Ribbon Cutting at Marana’s One Stop Business Development Center. Details: 9:30-10:30 a.m.; Town of Marana, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; free; 682-4314.
• The Rotary Club of SaddleBrooke meets for lunch and a short program. Details: 11:30 a.m.; SaddleBrooke Country Club, 64485 E. SaddleBrooke Blvd.; $15; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds its Monthly Networking Luncheon. Details: 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m.; El Charro Café, 7725 N. Oracle Rd., #101; $30, $20 members; 297-2191.
• The Desert Kiwanis Club meets. Details: noon-1:30 p.m.; Village Inn, 6251 N. Oracle Rd.; email@example.com.
Saturday, Jan. 14
• The Marana Optimist Club meets. Details: 8-9 a.m.; Golden Corral Restaurant, 6865 N. Thornydale Rd., #932; 591-2979 or www.maranaoptimist.org.
• The Arizona Mystery Writers meet with authors Jan Holmes Frost and Kris Neri. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; El Parador Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.; $20, $14 members; 624-0792.
• The AAUW Casas Adobes Branch meets with guest speaker Sharon O’Neal from Raytheon Missile Systems on their program for students “Math, Science and Technology Fun-Fest.” Details: 9:30 a.m., Sun City Social Hall, Hopi Room, 1565 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; free; 742-3810.
• Concept to Cover: How to Build Your Nonfiction Book workshop presented by Kebba Buckley Button of the Arizona Authors Association. Details: 10-11:30 a.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds an Open House & Ribbon Cutting at FastMed Urgent Care. Details: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; 7850 N. Silverbell Rd., Suite 132; free, $10 flu shots; 682-4314.
• The Joel D. Valdez Main Library offers a course on Estate Planning: Wills, Trusts, and Advance Directives. Details: 3-4 p.m.; 101 N. Stone Ave.; free; 791-4010.
Saturdays, Jan. 14-Feb. 18
• SCORE offers a six-part workshop on Simple Steps to Grow your Business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon; 1400 E. Speedway Blvd.; first session free, $40 each additional session or $150/6; 505-3636.
Tuesday, Jan. 17
• The Rotary Club of Marana meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Nana’s Kitchen, 8225 N. Courtney Page Way; 395-2508 or www.maranarotary.org.
Wednesday, Jan. 18
• Get Motivated! Seminar with guest speakers will be held at the Tucson Arena. Details: 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.; 260 S. Church Ave.; $1.95; 800-880-7058 or www.getmotivated.com.
• The YWCA offers a women’s workshop YWorks: Skills for Successful Employment. Details: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Frances McClelland Leadership Center, 525 N. Bonita Ave.; $25; 884-7810 ext. 113.
Mondays & Thursdays, through Jan. 30
• The Joel D. Valdez Main Library offers Drop in Job Help. Details: noon-3 p.m. Mondays (except Jan. 16) or 9 a.m.-noon Thursdays; 101 N. Stone Ave.; free; 791-4010.