Thursday, Sept. 30
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds its 2010 economic forum with speaker Paralympic Gold Medalist Stephani Victor. Details: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; Westward Look Resort, 245 E. Ina Rd.; free; 623-5511 ext. 224.
Saturday & Tuesday, Oct. 2&5
• SCORE Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon Saturday; 3-5 p.m. Tuesday; Oro Valley Public Library study room, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 229-5300.
Tuesday, Oct. 5
• SCORE business counseling holds a seminar, "Navigating Your Small Business Through Today's Legal Minefields," with the law firm of Snell and Wilmer L.L.P. Details: 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Windmill Suites Inn, 4250 N Campbell Ave.; $49 (includes lunch); 481-5505.
• The Metropolitan Tucson Convention & Visitors Bureau holds its monthly luncheon with speaker Vanessa Bechtol, executive director of the Santa Cruz Valley Heritage Alliance. Details: 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.; Arizona Inn, 2200 E. Elm St.; $40, $35 members; $30, $25 members in advance; 770-2131.
Wednesday, Oct. 6
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a networking breakfast. Details: 7:15-9 a.m.; Colt's Taste of Texas Steakhouse, 8310 N. Thornydale Rd.; $20, $15 members; 682-4314.
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.