Thursday, Oct. 8
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Canyon Rotary Club meets at the Metropolitan Grill. Details: 5:30-7 p.m.; 7892 N. Oracle Road; 909-9375.
• Arizona Business Leads of Foothills will meet. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Sur Real Restaurant, 3001 E. Skyline Drive; free; 529-2644.
• Long Realty will hold a First Time Home Buyer's Workshop. Details: 6-7 p.m.; 12080 N. Dove Mountain Blvd., Suite 100; free; 360-8224.
• YES Network Leadership Training Institute will hold a workshop on Developing an Effective Board of Directors for non-profit agencies. Details: 5:30-8 p.m.; Tucson Resource Center, Sentinel Building, 320 N. Commerce Park Loop; free; 297-0702.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold their monthly luncheon. Details: 12-1:30 p.m.; Michelangelo's, 420 W. Magee Road; $28, $25 members/guests; 297-2191.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold a networking mixer. Details: 5-7 p.m.; Boston's The Gourmet Pizza, 5825 W. Arizona Pavilions Drive; $10; 682-4314.
• The Arizona Small Business Association will hold a Lunch & Learn session on how to use PR to get the word out about your business. (Bring a brown bag lunch.) Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; 4811 E. Grant Road, #261; $35, $10 members; 327-0222.
Friday, Oct. 9
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold an information gathering session on chamber benefits and opportunities. Details: 8 a.m.; Marana Operations Center, 5100 W. Ina Road; free; 682-4314.
Saturday, Oct. 10
• A Shred-A-Thon will be held at the Oro Valley Marketplace sponsored by The Shred-IT company, Wal-Mart and the Oro Valley Police Department. First two boxes/person free, additional boxes $10 each. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; 2150 E. Tangerine Road.
• TMM Family Services will hold a class on resolving credit and debt issues. Details: 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; 3127 E. Adams Street; free; 322-9557.
• Arizona Mystery Writers will hold a forum/workshop with guest speakers. Details: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; Home Town Buffet, Oracle and River Roads; $17.50, $12.50 members; 360-6360.
Tuesday, Oct. 13
• Arizona Small Business Association will hold fast and curious speed networking. Details: 3-4:30 p.m.; Intelligent Office, 1846 E. Innovation Park Drive; $10, members free; 327-0222.
• Arizona Small Business Association will hold a get acquainted session for new members. Details: 8-9:30 a.m.; 4811 E. Grant Road, #261; free; 327-0222.
• The National Association of Women Business Owners's monthly luncheon will feature guest speakers Tucson City Council candidates: Steve Kozachik, Ben Buehler-Garcia, Nina Trasoff, Karin Uhlich, Judith Gomez, Shaun McClusky and Mary DeCamp. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $30, $25 members; 326-2926.
Wednesday, Oct. 14
• Arizona Business Leads of North Tucson will meet. Details: 7:30-9 a.m.; Mimi's Café, 4420 N. Oracle Road; free; 574-1826.
• TMM Family Services will hold a class on Managing and Maintaining Your Home. Details: 5:30-8:30 p.m.; 3127 E. Adams Street; free; 322-9557.