(StatePoint) With the beginning of autumn comes time to decorate your home for Halloween and harvest, stock the pantry with heartier foods and spruce up your wardrobe with seasonal fashions.
Transitioning into fall can be easy by staying on a budget and the shopping experts at Dollar General are sharing ways to celebrate fall affordably:
• Make a picnic: There’s no better way to celebrate the season than with a picnic at a local park as the leaves change colors, complete with hazelnut cocoa spread and jelly sandwiches, turkey wraps and fresh fall apples. Be sure to pack plenty of reusable plates and silverware available in rustic fall colors too. It’s an affordable way for the whole family to enjoy the weekend outdoors.
• Halloween: Welcome trick-or-treaters with festive yard signs and decorations. Save on all your Halloween celebrations by stocking up on candy, chocolates, treats and more from national and private brands. Throw a festive and low-cost Halloween party with simple costumes and spooky décor by finding your supplies at a discount store such as Dollar General. Great free party recipe ideas for dips and snack mixes can also be found online.
• Highlight your home: Be inspired by the spectacular natural colors of the season and accent your home with the latest fall trends and harvest décor items. Greet your guests with hospitality with a fall wreath and accent your kitchen with new owl-themed housewares. Plus, as the temperatures drop, make your home cozier with throw blankets and area rugs. Candles in seasonal scents are another great fall addition.
• Get dressed: Enjoying the season means you’ll need new items in your wardrobe to stay comfortable, warm and fashionable. Don’t spend a fortune ramping up your family’s wardrobe with sweaters, knit shirts, jeggings and skinny jeans. A discount retailer will have all the same styles for less, including outerwear and shape wear designed for cooler weather, so you can stay active all season.
• Eat well: Warm up the family with hearty meals made from inexpensive ingredients. Name brands can be pricey, so opt for private store brands such as Clover Valley Soup. For main dishes, think about hot entrees that can feed the whole family easily.
For more ideas for affordable fall fun and coupons, visit www.DollarGeneral.com.
It’s easy to make this season the fun and festive, yet affordable.