Thursday, Aug. 11
• The Oracle School District governing board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; 725 N. Carpenter Dr.; 896-3070.
• The Marana Unified School District governing board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-4774.
Monday, Aug. 15
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors meets. Details: 9 a.m.; Supervisors’ hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 W. Congress St.; 740-8126.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Chapter 1874 meets. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; Home Town Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $9.50; 908-0774.
Tuesday, Aug. 16
• The Pima County Republican Club Lunch Meeting features Starlee Rhoades from the Goldwater Institute. Details: 11:30 a.m.; El Parador Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Marana Town Council meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Council Chambers, Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
Saturday, Aug. 20
• The Pima County Republican Women’s Club meets with guest speaker John Huppenthal. Details: 9 a.m.; Tucson Country Club, 2950 N. Camino Principal; $25, $20 members; 615-9494.
• The League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson meets to discuss the Role of the Federal Government in Public Education. Details: 10 a.m.-noon; Eckstrom-Columbus Library, 4350 E. 22nd St.; 622-0905.