Register at any of schools in the Marana Unified School Disrict, no matter where you live.
Even if you live outside the district’s boundaries, you are welcome to enroll your child in any MUSD schools, as long as there is sufficient space.
If you are applying for open enrollment, the open enrollment application must be completed and approved before registering. Copies of this application as well as the enrollment forms in English and Spanish, and a health information form are available online at www.maranausd.org.
Fill out the forms completely before going to register to speed along the process.
In order to expedite the registration process for the Marana Unified School District, families must provide the following information when they register:
1. Immunization records. Arizona State Law requires you must have current proof of immunizations before your student can register.
2. Birth certificate: the original or a certified copy of birth certificate.
3. Two proofs of residency. These can include a lease, mortgage and any utility bill that proves you reside at that address.
4. Copy of the student’s report card or current grades.
5. Your student must be 5 years old by Sept. 1 to register for kindergarten.
6. Official notice of withdrawal. If you are coming from a school in Arizona you must officially withdraw from that school and obtain a withdraw notice before enrolling at your new school.
7. Is your student currently under suspension or expulsion from another school?
8. Is your student currently in any Special Education Program? If you answered yes you must have a current IEP. You must contact the school you’re registering for before any schedule can be created.
9. Has your student ever received extra help in math or reading? Help can include Title Math, Remedial Reading, etc.
New start times
Schools in the Marana Unified School District will have new start times this year.
Elementary schools will begin daily at 7:45 a.m. and release students Mon.-Thurs. at 2 p.m. and Friday at 12:45 p.m.
Middle schools will begin daily at 9 a.m. and release students Mon.-Thurs. at 4 p.m. and Friday at 2:45 p.m.
Marana High School will begin daily at 9 a.m. and release students Mon.-Thurs. at 3:50 p.m. and Friday at 2:35 p.m.
Mountain View High School will begin daily at 8:20 a.m. and release students Mon.-Thurs. at 3:10 p.m. and Friday at 1:55 p.m.