Thursday, April 28
• The Marana Unified School District governing board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-4774.
Saturday, April 30
• The Town of Marana holds a Drug Take-Back Day to safely dispose of unused prescriptions. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Target, 3901 W. Ina Rd.; free.
Sunday, May 1
• The Pima County Attorney’s Office holds its 88-Crime Dinner. Details: 4:30-8:30 p.m.; Maverick King of Clubs, 6622 E. Tanque Verde; www.88crime.org.
Monday, May 2
• The Oro Valley Historic Preservation Commission meets. Details: 5-8 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
Tuesday, May 3
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors meets. Details: 9 a.m.; Supervisors’ hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 W. Congress St.; 740-8126.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Marana Town Council meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex Council Chambers, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
Friday, May 6
• The Metropolitan Education Commission holds the Crystal Apple Awards celebrating the partnership between education and business. Details: Desert Diamond Hotel and Casino, 7350 S. Nogales Hwy.