Monday, April 9
• The Oro Valley Water Utility Commission meets. Details: 6-8:30 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Democrats of Oro Valley meet with guest speaker Fred DuVal on the topic Education and the American Economy - At the Tipping Point. Details: 7 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 742-3774 or www.demsov.org.
Tuesday, April 10
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors meets. Details: 9 a.m.; Supervisor’s hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 W. Congress St.; 740-8126.
• Pima Council on Aging provides information and referral service on issues concerning older people. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Oro Valley Conceptual Design Review Board meets. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; 696-5000.
Wednesday, April 11
• Foothills Democratic Forum features guest speakers on the topic Building a Skilled Workforce for Arizona. Details: 5:30 p.m.; Skyline Country Club, 5200 E. St. Andrews Dr.; $20, $15 in advance; 477-1093.
Wednesday, Thursday, & Saturday, April 11-12, 18-19, & 21
• The Town of Oro Valley Citizen Corps Council offers Community Emergency Response Training (CERT), disaster preparedness for community leaders, parents, teachers, civic organizations or anyone interested in taking an active role in hometown preparedness. Details: 6-10 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-noon Saturday; Oro Valley Police Department Tangerine Substation, 1920 E. Tangerine Rd.; 229-4964 or email@example.com.