Thursday, May 13
• The Marana Unified School District governing board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; free; 682-4774.
• The Oracle School District governing board will meet. Details: 6:30 p.m.; 725 N. Carpenter Dr.; free; 896-3070.
• Pima County Democratic Nucleus Club will meet. Details: 5:30 p.m.; Viscount Suite Hotel, 4855 E. Broadway Blvd; 326-3716.
• Foothills Democratic Forum will be held. Details: 5:30 p.m.; Skyline Country Club, 5200 E. St. Andrews Drive; nominal charge; 505-1847.
Friday, May 14
• The Oro Valley Republican Women's luncheon will be held with speaker Margaret Dugan. Details: 11:30 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 Greenock Drive.
Saturday, May 15
• The Town of Oro Valley will hold a community event, Clean Out Your Medicine Cabinets, to properly dispose of old prescriptions. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Target, 10555 N. Oracle Rd; free.
Monday, May 17
• The Oro Valley Historic Preservation Commission will meet. Details: 5-8 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. LaCanada Drive; free; 229-4700.
Tuesday, May 18
• A special election will be held for an Arizona sales tax increase, also known as Proposition 100. Details: The following branch libraries are polling places for the special election: Kirk-Bear Canyon, Nanini, Wheeler Taft Abbett, Sr.
• The Marana Town Council will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; 682-3401.
• The Pima County Republican Club will meet for lunch. Details: 12 p.m.; El Parador, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.; $11.
• The Oro Valley Parks & Recreation Advisory Board will meet. Details: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. LaCanada Drive; free; 229-4700.
Wednesday, May 19
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisor's hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 West Congress Street; for more information, call 740-8126.
• The Pima County Republicans will hold open house with speaker, Andy Goss. Details: 6 p.m.; Pima GOP Headquarters, 5447 E. 5th Street, Suite 100.
• The Oro Valley Town Council will meet. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Drive; free; 229-4700.