To add your event to this list, send an e-mail message to email@example.com.
THURSDAY, JUNE 12
• Take a four-hour class in basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation using a life-size mannequin. Details: 6-10 p.m.; Northwest Fire District Station 30, 1520 W. Orange Grove Road; $20 for district residents, $25 for other participants; 887-1010.
SUNDAY, JUNE 15
• Listen as speaker James Lowell gives a critique of alternative medicine, discussing what he calls questionable medical and health practices, including psychic surgery, integrative medicine and the promotion of taking massive doses of vitamins and herbs. Details: 1:30-3:30 p.m.; Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave.; free; 648-7231.
MONDAY, JUNE 16
• Learn about the warning signs for heart attacks, strokes and cardiac arrest during a heart health talk by Dr. Mason Garcia, a cardiologist. Details: 3:15-4:15 p.m.; Desert Sports and Fitness, 2480 N. Pantano Road; free; 722-6300.
• Learn about the terminology, risk factors and diagnoses related to non-Hodgkin lymphoma during a lymphoma presentation by Dr. Daniel Persky. Details: 5:30-7 p.m.; University Medical Center, 1501 N. Campbell Ave.; free; (602) 788-8622.
TUESDAY, JUNE 17
• Learn how to incorporate healthy practices into a busy life during a health presentation by Karla Cauldwell, a holistic health counselor and motivational speaker. Details: 7 p.m.; Barnes and Noble; 7325 N. La Cholla Blvd.; free; 742-6402.