Thursday, Oct. 15
• Humane Society of Southern Arizona will hold Animal Law 101, a public seminar on the state and local laws regarding animals. Details: 6-7:30 p.m.; 3465 E. Kleindale; free, but donations welcome; 321-3704 x 125.
Saturday, Oct. 17
• Workshop on Preserving the Neighborhood: Resources and Guides to Help You Work the System. Details: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; Sentinel Bldg., 320 N. Commerce Park Loop; www.proneighborhoods.org.
Tuesday, Oct. 20
• The Marana Town Council meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; free; 682-3401.
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisor's hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 West Congress Street; for more information, call 740-8126.
Wednesday, Oct. 21
• The Oro Valley Town Council meets. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Town Hall Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Canada Drive; free; 229-4700.
Friday, Oct. 23
• The Metropolitan Pima Alliance hosts a breakfast discussion with Tucson City Council candidates. Details: 7:30-9 a.m.; Viscount Suite Hotel, 4855 E. Broadway Blvd.; $30, $25 members; 751-1030.