Meetings and events for week of August 13
Thursday, Aug. 14
• Arizona House Speaker Jim Weiers will speak at the Pima County Republican Party’s Northwest Office. Details: 2 to 4 p.m.; for more information and directions, call 321-1492.
• The Oro Valley Stormwater Utility Commission will meet. Details: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.; at the town’s municipal operations center, 12941 Pusch View Lane; for more information, call 229-4700, or look up the agenda online at www.orovalleyaz.gov/TownClerk/MinutesAndAgendasSWUC.asp.
• The Marana Unified School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; in town council chambers, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; for more information, call 682-4774.
Monday, Aug. 18
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet consider a tax levy adoption among other issues. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisors’ hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 W. Congress St.; for more information, call 740-8126, or look up the agenda online at http://www.pima.gov/cob/e-agenda/index.htm.
Tuesday, Aug. 19
• Arizona House of Representatives candidates for Legislative District 26 – Trent Humphries, Vic Williams and Marilyn Zerull – will speak at the Pima County Republican Club meeting. Details: Noon; Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd.; for more information, call 321-1492.
• The Pima County Democratic Party’s Legislative District 26 group will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Metro Water board room, 6265 N. La Cañada Drive; for more information, call Peggy Toomey Hammann at (928) 614-8041.