(StatePoint) Creative decorating solutions are needed when decorating your rental space. Make sure you are complying with the rental rules and regulations.
“If you want to decorate your rental home, but aren’t permitted to make drastic changes to walls or fixtures, temporary décor solutions can help you bring style and personality to your space, without the worry of lasting damage.” says Wendy Froehlich, Vice President of Marketing at Homes.com, one of the nation’s top online real estate listing and lifestyle resources.
With that in mind, Homes.com is offering tips to help you dream big when sprucing up your space:
• Lovely lighting: If you ask, management companies or property owners may allow renters to switch out light fixtures. Ask before you remove and always keep the original fixture to leave behind should you move out.
• Funky furniture: If painting the walls isn’t allowed, paint the furniture instead. Painted furniture will add a splash of color and personality to any space.
• Wall Decals: Make a statement on your walls using fun wall decals to match your personality. If you decide to move, simply peel away the decal without damaging the walls.
• Outlet covers: Play up your plain white light switch and outlet fixtures with colorful tapes to bring a pop of color to any room.
• Drawer pulls: Replace your drab drawer handles with fabric pulls, or mix and match knobs to personalize your desk and dresser.
• Drawer lining: Dress up your drawers by lining the insides with your favorite scrapbook paper. Adhere the paper with double stick tape.
• Liquid starch: Grab extra fabric and soak it in liquid starch to embellish storage boxes or any hardware around your apartment or rental home.
• Removable Hooks: Use adhesive hooks to secure wall decor or storage solutions without harming your walls.
• Window box: Renters don’t always have the ability to plant an outdoor garden, but a beautiful window box garden can spruce up an apartment and create space to grow herbs and other small plants.
It may not be “yours” but it is your home. Implement these tips from Homes.com to help add personality to your rental space.
Photo Credit: Courtesy: Homes.com