The Explorer located in Tucson, AZ has an immediate full time opening for a Local Sales Manager. The successful candidate will lead the sales staff in developing their skillset to ensure that they are generating new business, meeting customer expectations, continuously raising the expectations of team performance and supporting team efforts.
In this position the applicant must have the ability to lead a sales team to achieve print and online revenue goals. We are looking for someone that can generate and sustain a spirit of team success and be accountable for the commitments and success of teammates and the team.
• Lead the outside sales team by achieving and exceeding sales goals while delivering ROI to all clients
• Train/Coach sales team to increase all of our multimedia sales solutions
• Motivate and coach the sales team, perform as the leader and ability to work collaboratively with the management team
• Assist in establishing clear goals that align the sales team’s efforts with the company’s overall sales objectives
• Identify areas to create new sources of revenue by targeting existing and new advertisers
• Create a work environment in which team members become compelled to commit to the department while taking pride and ownership in their job.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing/advertising preferred or equivalent work experience within advertising leadership and sales
• 5+ years’ solution-based sales experience demonstrating the ability to meet sales objective and exceeding targeted revenue goals
• Newspaper and/or digital industry knowledge, local market and competitive multimedia knowledge
Are you a GREAT sales person and comfortable with calling on local businesses? Are you familiar with Explorer Newspaper and interactive marketing? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with 10/13 Communications, owners of over 20 newspaper publications in the Western Region? If so, we are looking for you! At The Explorer, we assist small to medium size companies by growing their business with online and print advertising. We build partnerships with locally-owned businesses, by providing marketing solutions that drive business into our clients' doors.
Top candidates will possess excellent communication skills and phone presence, ENTHUSIASM, and be proficient on the internet - including search engine marketing and social media marketing. Our ideal candidate is someone looking to launch their sales career with a locally-established news publication, which has served Oro Valley and Marana for over 18 years. We're looking for someone with the drive to give their best every day, desire to call on local business via the phone or in person, and a passion for advertising..
- High school diploma with Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Passionate about the combination of local, online and social media
- Excellent phone skills and must be comfortable making sales calls on a daily basis
The Explorer Newspaper, The Voice of Oro Valley, Marana and Northwest Tucson, is seeking go-getting reporters and photographers to dig in and produce strong stories and photos of local issues, people and events for our print and electronic products.
This is not a paid internship: however, you can earn credits towards classes. In addition, you’ll make a real difference in the lives of our readers, while receiving real-world training and experience in your chosen field, and building your book of clips.
If you have what it takes to work in our fast-paced, ever-expanding environment, email your resume with 3-5 samples of your work to: email@example.com.
Oro Valley AudiologyAddress: 2542 E Vistoso Commerce Loop Rd, Oro Valley, AZ 85755Phone:(520) 825-4770Hours:Monday 8:00 am – 4:00 pmTuesday 8:00 am – 4:00 pmWednesday 8:00 am – 4:00 pmThursday 8:00 am – 4:00 pmFriday 8:00 am – 4:00 pmSaturday ClosedSunday Closed