Area recreation activities for Friday, June 6, through Tuesday, June 10.
Friday, June 6
• You haven’t lived until you’ve caught a sunset over the Tucson Mountains. Now’s your chance during a two-hour Twilight Hike at Saguaro National Park-West covering sandy and rocky terrains. Wear appropriate hiking gear. Details: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.; Red Hills Visitor Center at Saguaro National Park West, 2700 N. Kinney Road; free; to RSVP, call 733-5158.
• Hang out with celestial bodies away from the red carpet and discover the heavens’ wonders during a Star Party, complete with telescopes. Details: 8 to 10 p.m.; Pima County Tucson Mountain Park, Ironwood Picnic Area, 1548 S. Kinney Road; free for all ages; for more information, call 615-7855.
Saturday, June 7
• Wild things venture out on the weekends, including sun-basking turtles and roosting owls. Come see them in their natural habitats during a Weekend Wildlife Watching event and discover how to find them in your neighborhood. Details: 8 to 9:30 a.m.; Pima County Agua Caliente Park, 12325 E. Roger Road; free for all ages; for more information, call 615-7855.
Sunday, June 8
• You grilled on Memorial Day, now do something that really benefits veterans. The sixth-annual Tucson VA Medical Center Golf Tourney features a shotgun start, carts, lunch and prizes following the four-man scramble at Tucson Omni’s new Catalina Course. Details: 7:30 a.m.; Tucson Omni Golf Resort, 2727 W. Club Drive; $80; for more information or to register, call Nils Nilsen at 750-0757 or 603-5991.
Tuesday, June 10
• Mingle with winged songsters during a Wake Up with the Birds stroll, geared toward novice birders. Spot cardinals, thrashers, hummingbirds and raptors in the mesquites and palms with available binoculars — or bring your own. Details: 7:30 to 9 a.m., Pima County Agua Caliente Park, 12325 E. Roger Road; free for all ages; for more information, call 615-7855.